We’re sending out the very best in Valentine wishes to our readers. And since we know some of you may be looking for romantic travel ideas, we have some of those to share with you as well.
Now, it’s too late to pull any of these off today, but you can find a card and include a gift certificate for one of these romantic travel ideas for later in the month. Remember – romance is for every day of the year, not just Valentine’s Day. Here are our suggestions:
- Sonoma wine country is romantic any time of year, offering romantic inns, notable restaurants, and plenty of wine tasting.
- Try for wine country of a different kind with wine tasting in the south of France.
- Is there anything more romantic than a gondola ride in Venice at sunset. Ignore the comments that it’s a touristy option – and plan for a kiss beneath the Bridge of Sighs.
- Impress your chocoholic with more than a box of chocolates, try for several boxes from the Chocolate Trail in Stratford, Ontario.
- Plan a picnic, perhaps the romantic city of Paris. Stop off at a market for some simple fare and then let the City of Lights provide the romantic ambiance.
- If you can’t get to Europe, try for a weekend in Quebec City, often called the Paris of North America.
- Escape the city with a trip to romantic hot springs in Costa Rica.
And if wedding bells are ringing, here are some romantic Disney travel ideas for a destination wedding or honeymoon.
- Whether you’re wedding conjures up visions of Cinderella, princesses, or something simpler, fans have long known that Disney parks are great spots for a destination wedding.
- If getting married at the park isn’t in the cards, you can still enjoy a magical and romantic Disney honeymoon.
So get your romance on with some of these romantic travel ideas and have a great Valentine’s Day.
Photo credit: SXC